What is whole-breast radiation therapy?
Whole-breast radiation therapy is treatment with high-energy x-rays that destroy cancer cells. If you had radiation, it most likely occurred within a couple of months from surgery (or after chemotherapy if you also had that after surgery). Patients arrive daily to the office for a few weeks, and a machine focuses the radiation on the area affected by the cancer.
Ready to Own Your Breast Cancer Journey?
- Complete the breast cancer questionnaire.
- Get your list of advanced breast cancer treatment options.
- Compare treatments of patients like you.
- Learn about the treatment or trial that’s right for you.
- Get the guidance you need.
BREAST CANCER COMMUNITY
Girlfriends and Boyfriends, Let’s talk about breasts! Bosoms, boobs, breasts, chest. We all have them…in one form or another. For some, they are nothing more than a body appendage we