What is whole-breast radiation therapy?
Whole-breast radiation therapy is treatment with high-energy x-rays that destroy cancer cells. If you had radiation, it most likely occurred within a couple of months from surgery (or after chemotherapy if you also had that after surgery). Patients arrive daily to the office for a few weeks, and a machine focuses the radiation on the area affected by the cancer.
Ready to Own Your Breast Cancer Journey?
- Complete the breast cancer questionnaire.
- Get your list of advanced breast cancer treatment options.
- Compare treatments of patients like you.
- Learn about the treatment or trial that’s right for you.
- Get the guidance you need.