What are regional lymph nodes in breast cancer?
Regional lymph nodes are frequently the first location where cancer regionally spreads. Clinically, they are also called “sentinel lymph nodes”. In the breast those nodes are located in the armpit or collarbone near the area where the cancer was originally detected. In certain conditions, your doctor will check to see if you have cancer in your regional lymph nodes. In specific cased your doctor may perform regional lymph node radiation on top of the local radiation to the breast.
Ready to Own Your Breast Cancer Journey?
- Complete the breast cancer questionnaire.
- Get your list of advanced breast cancer treatment options.
- Compare treatments of patients like you.
- Learn about the treatment or trial that’s right for you.
- Get the guidance you need.
BREAST CANCER COMMUNITY
Girlfriends and Boyfriends, Let’s talk about breasts! Bosoms, boobs, breasts, chest. We all have them…in one form or another. For some, they are nothing more than a body appendage we