What are the lung cancer biomarkers?
What is the purpose of Genetic testing for lung cancer biomakers?
Gaining information on your lung cancer tumor characteristics at the genetic level may give information that is useful for making lung cancer treatment decisions; those are sometimes called “biomarkers.” Some lung cancer clinical trials require the presence or absence of a certain biomarker / genetic alteration. Those trials may require this information in advance of application to the trial, while others may ask for a biopsy of your tumor, and perform the testing on site.
Ready to Own Your Lung Cancer Journey?
- Complete the breast cancer questionnaire.
- Get your list of advanced lung cancer treatment options.
- Compare treatments of patients like you.
- Learn about the treatment or trial that’s right for you.
- Get the guidance you need.