What is Preoperative or Neoadjuvant Therapy treatment for Breast Cancer?
Preoperative or neoadjuvant therapy is provided before surgery. The aim of preoperative therapy is to reduce the size of the tumor in the breast or lymph node so a surgery is possible or more successful. The type of drugs you get for preoperative therapy is decided based on the subtype of your breast cancer that is determined by a biopsy taken prior to the beginning of treatment.
What are the Neoadjuvant Chemotherapies?
Ready to Own Your Breast Cancer Journey?
- Complete the breast cancer questionnaire.
- Get your list of advanced breast cancer treatment options.
- Compare treatments of patients like you.
- Learn about the treatment or trial that’s right for you.
- Get the guidance you need.
BREAST CANCER COMMUNITY
2020 has been a difficult year for all of us. At times, we have been completely overwhelmed by the COVID-19 pandemic, but throughout, we have persevered to make a difference