What is a Breast Cancer Diagnosis?
Susan K. Williford, M.D., Medical Oncologist Explains
If breast cancer is suspected or the patient is due for her routine mammogram, a diagnostic test may be performed, such as a diagnostic mammogram or ultrasound. If a breast cancer is suspected then a biopsy is taken either with a needle or an excisional biopsy where a piece of tissue is removed.
Ready to Own Your Breast Cancer Journey?
- Complete the breast cancer questionnaire.
- Get your list of advanced breast cancer treatment options.
- Compare treatments of patients like you.
- Learn about the treatment or trial that’s right for you.
- Get the guidance you need.
BREAST CANCER COMMUNITY
2020 has been a difficult year for all of us. At times, we have been completely overwhelmed by the COVID-19 pandemic, but throughout, we have persevered to make a difference